Solar panels catch fire on roof of Poole Travelodge

SOLAR panels on the roof of a Poole hotel caught fire on Sunday afternoon (March 24).

Firefighters were called to Travelodge, on the Fleets Corner Business Park in Waterloo Road, at around 2.25pm.
At the scene, on the roof of the hotel, firefighters found a junction box had caught fire.

“A fire was found within a junction box of some solar panels on the roof of the Travelodge, and this was extinguished using foam,” a Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said.

“Approximately 3m x 3m of bitumen roof material was also affected by fire damage, but there was no damage to the interior of the hotel.

“A reinspection was carried out in the evening with no issues found.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *